Community Strategic Plan Review 2016
REVIEW PROCESS AND TIMETABLE
In consultation with the community, Council intends to carry out a major review of the Shire of Carnamah Community Strategic Plan 2012 - 2022. The purpose of the Plan is to set the direction of the Shire for the next ten years.
The Community Strategic Plan of the district articulates a vision of the future which is
supported by Council and the wider community;
- provides an overview of the Shire's current situation.
- identifies factors that will impact on the future of the Shire.
- identifies proposed major capital projects.
The critical questions that need to be addressed are:
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be?
- How do we get there?
In order to encourage community participation, Council has adopted the following process for the review of the Community Strategic plan:
MARCH / APRIL 2016
- Introduction paper prepared to initially engage the community in the process;
- Fact sheet prepared and circulated to inform the community of the current status of the Community Strategic Plan (Information Bulletin No 2);
- Fact sheet prepared on the current financial environment in which the Shire is operating in terms of government grants and rate levels
(Information Bulletin No 3);
MAY / JUNE 2016
- “ Round table” public meetings to be to be held after the Ordinary Council meetings in May (Carnamah) and June (Eneabba). Facilitation of these meeting to be conducted by staff;
JULY / AUGUST 2016
- Outcomes from public meetings to be collated and made public;
- Public survey to be circulated along the lines of the survey for the inaugural Community Strategic Plan;
LATE 2016 / EARLY 2017
- Community Strategic Plan Developed along with other plans and informing strategies and adopted.