Building commenced in 1926 using local stone quarried from Macpherson farm for the Presbyterian Church.
The foundation stone was laid on 16th July 1927, by Reverend Alex Crowe, who also presented to the people a magnificent Bible which is still on display today.
The first wedding was held in this building on 12th August, 1927.
Following the opening of this Church, services were conducted by a Presbyterian minister who travelled 200km from Geraldton once every month, and a Methodist minister who travelled 118km from Moora, also once every month.
In 1963 the Presbyterian and Methodist Churches joined to form a United Church parish, and in 1977 became part of the Uniting Church of Australia.
Living quarters were behind this building prior to the brick extensions being completed in 1978. These extensions now serve as a meeting room and kitchen for many groups.
Standing at the front of the Church for many years until it collapsed was a bell in a wooden stand. The stand was not able to be re-erected and the whereabouts of the beautiful bell is now sadly unknown.
This building is now owned by the Shire of Carnamah.
The Saint Andrew’s Roman Catholic Church was designed by Monsignor John Cyril Hawes (1876 – 1956) in 1930. The building was blessed and opened by the Rt Reverend James O’Collins DD. Monsignor Hawes was both a Priest and an Architect in Western Australia from 1915 to 1939. His achievements have given him somewhat of a legendary status within the Midwest region of WA.
His built architectural works are not only to be found in WA but also in the United Kingdom, the United States and the Bahamas.
The first building, St. George’s Church Hall was erected on the corner of Niven Crescent and Lang St on land donated by Annie Niven c.1931 and the adjacent block bought by the Church c.1935. It was a weatherboard-asbestos building with an iron roof. This unlined building was dedicated by Archdeacon C L Riley on 14 April 1937 and was used as the place of worship for Anglicans until 1964. It was also used as a meeting place for community groups.
The need for a larger building was recognised and plans were drawn up by Architects Ean McDonald & Whitaker. Local builder Charles Dallimore won the contract.
The Foundation Stone of the Church of the Holy Apostles was laid on 20 July 1963 by Canon Jaquet who had served Carnamah from 1928 to 1930 while based at Three Springs. The Church was consecrated on 7 March 1964 by Archbishop Appleton. A feature of the building is the Church Bell Tower in memory of C W Dring and his mother.
The Church Hall that had been moved to the back of the blocks continued to be used for community groups until it was demolished to make way for the transportable rectory purchased from the Mingenew Parish c.1974.